Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

3G's: Gmail, G-Cash, G ebay

Nyehehe :-p

Took a tip from a fellow-blogger, wysgal. She sells her gmail invites via ebay.ph. She receives payments via G-Cash. (This is exactly what I meant when I suggested that G-Cash look into becoming a payment gateway for web transactions). In one of her posts, she reports earning P55 G-Cash selling Gmail over G ebay. Gee!

I took the tip. I opened an ebay account. Then posted my item: Gmail invites. Was excited about my first ebay transaction (not to mention selling an item using G-Cash) ... until!

Until I found out that there were more than 50 Gmail invites being sold at ebay.ph . Some were being "sold" for FREE and in bulk.

Oh well, I'm not monitoring my ebay items. I wasn't in it for the money. I just wanted to see how ebay transactions went about. I'm not expecting any bidders. Oh well, so much for my first ebay transaction.

Will lookout for something truly valuable and tradeable to sell on ebay. Ano kaya...? Ma-halungkat nga ang aparador ko sa Baguio.

- Edwin

4 Comments:

  • At 9:01 pm, Blogger wysgal said…

    I wasn't in it for the money either, I was just trying to sell something on Ebay Philippines that didn't require any face to face interaction with my purchasers. Voila! E-bay Invites!

    I was surprised I made something at all. Most people unfortunately don't know how to use G-Cash yet and think it's the same as Pass/Share-a-Load.

     
  • At 10:11 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    thanks for sharing, wysgal.

    we were in it for the same thing. just discovering how things could happen.

    This is something i should tell my friend justine.

    balitaan mo pa kami, k?

    edwin

     
  • At 7:20 pm, Blogger Justine said…

    Thanks for sharing this with me. We have an online microsite that just talks about G-Cash. If you are trying to sell something in exchange for g-cash, just put up the URL so that potential buyers can just visit the site to find out more about G-Cash.

    http://www.myglobe.com.ph/gcash/

    We are also looking into websites (i.e. internet classifieds and trading) and how we can use it as an edcuation tool.

     
  • At 11:38 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Education tool? .... Hmmmm.... interesting .....

    edwin

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!