Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Friday, July 29, 2005

The day I hit 40

Yesterday, my site statistics reached 40,000 hits.

Whew! It was a long journey. Took almost one whole year to reach 40,000. Here are some milestones / highlights in Technobiography stats:
  • Totals as of July 29 2005:
    * Page Loads : 40,176
    * Unique Visitors : 22,587
    * First Time Visitors : 18,686
    * Returning Visitors : 3,901
  • Daily averages:
    * Page Load : 184
    * Unique Visitors : 114
    * First Time Visitors : 96
    * Returning Visitors : 19
  • Most hits in one day: 529 hits, October 26, 2004
    (the day Technobiography was featured on Inq7.net)
What thoughts shall I share on the day I hit 40? Well, I've become more conscious of statistics lately. Mostly because of my renewed interest with Google Adsense revenues. My interest was renewed after reading an article of Abe about a blogger earning US$14,000+ from blogging in more than 20 blogs. Will I ever hit 14, ya think? Will I ever hit US$100 per month, like abe does? Ah, time to day dream and *do* again ...

It's also especially nice when I see some visitors going through my archives, going through my favorite articles, going through many links within Technobiography. It send me the message that some people like what I write.

I haven't had any hate mail naman. So I don't think I've been stepping on other people's toes. But I did get some creepy texts. And I blogged about it as "therapy" to relieve me of my horrors.

And of course, I'm delighted to get word from people around the world, most especially those who are interested in my work in m-commerce for microfinance. In fact, I've had a couple of phone calls from the US and another one this morning asking me about my research. Neat, huh? ;-)

Curious visitors

I get most of my hits from search engines. Some of the curious searches that turn up on Technobiography:
  • Kuya Germs
  • Juliana Palermo
  • Chynna Hortaleza
  • Pia Hontiveros
  • Robin Padilla
  • Alfie Vargas
  • Namfrel
  • Techie Agbayani pics (hahaha!)
  • ano pa ba? ... madagdagan nga ito next time ...

Friends of Technobiography

What else should I note down on the day I hit 40?

Well, I'd like to thank some of my regular/irregular visitors, although I won't be able to mention all (especially yung mga hindi nagpapa-ramdam): Lyra, Jepoyeng, Airwind, Emmanslayer, Binoe, Sky, Claire, Monicai, Ivory, JM, CC, estee, aymskee, wilson, techunk, andre faura (nahan ka na?), dadi Arnold (nahan ka na rin? balita ko manila ka na) and others ...
and the folks with mobile Technobiography in their Pocket: MM and ka rey

If you're a regular Technobiography or Pocket Technobiography or RSS reader, do let me know by sending me a note online. Para naman makilala ko kayo ;-). Tapos friends na tayo.

Thanks also to maiskee, my boss, who tolerates my blogging hobby and sometimes (sometimes lang) shows some degree of delight with my sometimes (sometimes lang) funny articles.

To a million hits and beyond!

ka edong
tumatanda na, batang isip nga lang

8 Comments:

  • At 2:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Usually, I just lurk but...

    Happy Birthday, Ka Edong!!!

     
  • At 3:15 pm, Blogger Jepoy said…

    wow birthday?! HAFY BIRTHDAY!

     
  • At 3:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dati lurker, ngayon regular reader! Happy birthday! ;)

     
  • At 8:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    isa rin po akong regular reader mo

    teka, birthday mo nga ba, ka edong?
    happy birthday! more hits to come!

     
  • At 12:16 am, Blogger Mathew Hanger said…

    hi! i'm mathew and i'm an alcoholic... ooops!

    i've been lurking for few months now. i'm just one of your many readers. i find your posts very interesting. i'm a programmer too and wish i can work on some mobile projects in the future.

    Bertday mo daw? Happy 18th bday! bweheheh!

     
  • At 1:11 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Hahaha! Si AnP, eh! ;-) inumpisahang mag-happy birthday.

    It's not my birthday. And I'm not 40 years old. Thanks for the greetings, though. I have two birthdays: official is January, april fool's bday is on May. I don't need a third online birthday.

    but I realized after writing my post that my statcounter is just around one year old. So, happy birthday statcounter!

    AnP, Jepoy, Yuga, MichaelJosh, Tres, Mathew Hanger, thank you for letting your voice be heard (read). It's awesome having some regular visitors like you!

    Ahhhh, makes me want to blog all night, just for you guys! hahaha!

    but antok gets the better of me.
    zzzzz...

    to a million hits and beyond!
    to more online friends like you!

    chairs!

    ka edong

     
  • At 1:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooops! hehe

    Trailblazer ako pero mali! haha

     
  • At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dagdag sa listahan ng curious search terms:

    ka edong
    Edwin Soriano

    I had a regular visitor nuon who used to go to google, type "ka edong" tapos link from there. Always! Di niya ata ma-memorize ang "technobiography" address eh...

    chairs!

    ka edong

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!