Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My Blog in Her Pocket!

Show  me show me show me what's in your pocket!Ang hi-tech nitong kaibigan ko! Technobiography is with her anytime she wants to read it. My blog is in her pocket!

Itago nalang natin siya sa pangalang MM. MM is a good friend from our college days. Ang betterhalf ni MM, itago natin sa pangalang CC. CC is an airfagev friend and fellow SmartPhone enthusiast.

MM has been following Technobiography from the start. She is one of the regular visitors from whom I feel pressure when I see them visiting Technobiography every day or two. She has kept her silence the whole time, though, never posting any comments on Technobiography. But everytime MM and my wife talk, MM is always updated with the latest posts on Technobiography.

I met up with MM and CC last night at Powerbooks Greenbelt III. This approximates the conversation we had about Technobiography:
MM: Hi Edong, ang gwapo mo ngayon!
Edong: O, ba't di ka na dumadaan sa blog ko!
MM: Oo nga, eh! Hindi na ako nakaka-visit sa blog mo. Pero binabasa ko pa rin siya.
Edong: Pa'no yun?
MM: (shy pa kunwari) Dina-download ko nalang sa Pocket PC ko.
Edong: (Nan-laki ang mata) ... Talaga?! Patingin!
I was delighted to hear her news for two reasons:

First, this is the first time ever that I've seen another person actually reading Technobiography from her mobile device. Oooohhh, I'm so pleased! Even I don't read Technobiography on Brosia (my SmartPhone).

Second, this is the first time I'm going to see what Pocket Technobiography looks like on a pocket PC.

MM says she just downloads Technobiography unto her pocket PC and then reads articles while on the road. Kewl, huh?!

I coerced MM into showing me her pocket PC. I think it was a Compaq. I wasn't paying much attention to the gadget, more on the content. In the thick of the frantic Landmark "uwian na" foot traffic, I stopped to appreciate Technobiography on MM's pocket PC.

What a deeeelight! Kakatuwa! MM's got my blog in her pocket!

Show  me show me show me what's in your pocket!I insist on getting some images! I want to show everybody what Pocket Technobiography looks like on a Pocket PC!

I was deeply moved (deeply!) by the fact that my little alien attacker displayed oh so nicely on Pocket Technobiography. CC ably assists madame MM and beams me some screenshots of Pocket Technobiography.

Pocket Technobiography Table of Contents
Screenshots of Pocket Technobiography in a Pocket PC using MobiPocketAliens Attack! Images are also displayed on Pocket Technobiography

MM takes out her Sony-Ericsson camera phone and snaps a photo of CC sending me the screen shots via Infrared (IR). My Brosia (an HTC Tanager, aka Smart Amazing Phone I) doesn't have bluetooth.

How does MM send me the photo from her Sony-Ericsson?

First try was MMS! Aba, mayabang 'tong kaibigan ko, a! Boy oh boy, MM is quite a Techie Grrrrl!

Second try was IR. The IR method failed twice. Minutes after we parted ways, I received the image via MMS.

Now. Who wants Technobiography in his/her pocket?
Come and get Pocket Technobiography care of MobiPocket.com!
While you're at it, you might as well get The Scobleizer, blog-idol from Microsoft (see http://scoble.weblogs.com/).
Also download Ordinary Gweilo who's blog inpired me to start Technobiography.

Mabu-hey!
Ka Edong

Read: Get Pocket Technobiography, Brosia Almighty, Edong's Dreams - Brosia, Techie Grrrl, Techie Lola
Visit: MobiPocket.com

5 Comments:

  • At 4:48 pm, Blogger monicai said…

    Yeah! Sometimes i review my blog in my 3650 via GPRS.

     
  • At 4:51 pm, Blogger monicai said…

    Yun nga lang walang pictures. content lang talaga. and can't even post comments kasi walang javascript yung browser ng phone ko. Hehehehe.

    Pang-proof read lang. :p

     
  • At 8:07 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    monicai!

    anong url ang nilalagay mo to access your blog? yung .xml?

    comments ... may na-configure ako (long time ago) na nakakapag-post ako via SMS. Meron din posting via e-mail. pero hindi yun comments kundi blog posts.

    Yung cube blog, posting via MMS or SMS.

    edwin

     
  • At 5:02 pm, Blogger monicai said…

    Halo!

    My blogger uses atom defined xml feeds, which is same as yours. (http://monicai.blogspot.com/atom.xml)

    I haven't gone around posting via SMS for the longest time. I used to have this wireless journal c/o Pinoyexchange but they are no longer supporting that. Di rin ako mashadong comfy sa mobile blogs c/o Addict. Maiikili lang ang pwede mong i-post at kailangan MMS. Also, ang bagal pa ng access ng mobile blogs via GPRS because of all the pictures you have to download.

    Yeah Blogger used to support email blogging but I didn't realized they already have improved it. Akala ko hopeless na talaga. Hmmm.....if I can get to use SMS to email. Dapat di ko na-delete yung info message about email ng SMART. Grrrr!

     
  • At 12:24 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    E-mail blogging on Blogger.com is just erratic. I think it has to do with the size of the blog or the number of posts.

    Nuon, e-mail blogging on Technobiography was fine ... until I hit a snag.

    Nuon, e-mail blogging on na-gets was fine ... but my emails to na-gets via blogger have been bouncing lately.

    no reply from chris of sideblog.com.

    Monicai, Musta na nga pala PEx? never got to checking out PEx despite all the phenomenal things I've heard about the community.

    ka edong

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!