Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Pasa-pamasahe

Pasahero: "Mama, bayad."
Drayber: "Paki-abot lang po ang load."
I rode the jeep this morning then realized I didn't have any small bills.

When the jeep reached the end of the route, I slid my butt across the now empty jeepney seat and told the driver: "Pwede ko ba kayo bayaran ng cellphone load?"

He gave a confused look. I explained. He was surprised by the proposition. Then he smiled and said: "okay lang" (translation: nevermind). I gave him the only piso I had in my pocket.

This idea of jeepney fare payment via pasa-load came from Sir Tommy Lopez. Imagine having this sign inside jeepneys: "God Knows Hudas not pay. Pasa-load ur pamasahe 2 - 09201234567"

Not unlikely. Not unlikely.

- edwin

P.S. I will pay for two people tomorrow, regardless of which jeep I ride.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehehe...pwedeng pangforward =)-kta

     
  • At 1:20 pm, Blogger Promdi said…

    this made me laugh.
    puwede nga talaga magbayad ng load. sana sa parlor puwede na rin. :-)

     
  • At 6:33 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    hi j,

    glad to have made you laugh. Mga weirdo lang kasi na katulad ko ang nakaka-intindi sa akin, eh. mwahahaha!

    drop by lang ;-)

    edwin

     
  • At 5:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    uy! bago un ah...pwede!
    Nice one kuya eds..ysa, dalawa..:)

     
  • At 10:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kuya Eds,

    This one made me laugh :) Masubukan nga sa shuttle service to bicutan ;) - Angel

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!