Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I-Exchanged, I Recycled

Here's an e-mail I sent to Digital Tour, a Tech TV show on Studio 23 shown on Sundays, 10:15pm. I sent this to them back in February hoping to land a 1-minute spot in their show. Since they haven't replied, I might as well recycle this e-mail I sent to Digital Tour...

Hi Digital Tour crew,

Last Sunday, I saw your first run of "I-Exchange". I thought, "Hmmm.... This is something I'd be interested in doing." ;-) . I started imagining what I'd look like in front of the TV camera. It was a horrific image and I'll spare you the gory details. But, hey ... that's just me ... meron naman siguro akong konting bahid ng telegenic-ness. hehehe.

I'd like to share with Digital Tour viewers a hobby that has been keeping me sane while taking a very toxic course at school. I'm into blogging. I could talk about getting started with blogging, but Iya covered that part last year. Instead, I hope to share a few sites that would get your viewers even more interested in blogging. Let me share with you some blogs that I look up to; blogs that make me strive to improve my craft in this blogging hobby.

First, for laughs, I'd like to share Kwentong Tambay by Jay "BatJay" David. This hilarious OFW Engineer in Singapore packs a knockout article everytime. He puts together a mix of digitally enhanced funny photos and ROTFL (rolling on the floor, laughing) articles that never fail to tickle the Pinoy funny bone. No wonder this blog has a huuuuuge following.

Second, for inspiration, I share bizdrivenlife.net by Wilson Ng. This is a blog written by a business man based in Cebu and owner of one of the biggest computer suppliers in Cebu. In this blog, he writes about how one can manage one's self in the workplace, in the technology field and life in general. When I read his blog, I never fail to pick up insights which we don't see everyday in other blogs.

Lastly, for passing time and blog hopping, I'd like to share pinoyblog.com, the emerging Pinoy blogger's portal and tambayan ng blogging Pinoys. Pinoyblog was created by Abe Olandres and blogging icon Sassy Girl. If you already have a blog, this where you should post links so that other more pinoys would read your blog. If you're blog hopping and looking for interesting articles to read, pinoyblog is where you'll find a whole assortment of blogs. Anything from politics, religion, art, pets, love or what have you, you'll find all sorts of articles here, from budding bloggers and from veteran bloggers like BatJay and Wilson.

I'd love to talk more about blogging but I'm sure I'll have limited time. I hope you'll find interest in the three sites I've exchanged. If you're an upstart blogger or one who's thinking of blogging, I hope the three blogs will somehow show you what your blog could be like.

Mabu-hey!

Edwin "ka edong"
16Feb

18 Comments:

  • At 2:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    edwin,

    i know iya (digital tour host) and i have contact with their producers, so let me know if you want me to connect you to them...

    chris lagman

     
  • At 10:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ka Edong, Sir Chris:

    Well, I do watch Digital Tour every once in a while. But somehow, I think there's something lacking in the show. I want more substance (?), more techie stuff. Hardcore techie ba ako? Not really, but I think they cram too much in one episode so I was thinking maybe they could try to have specific schedules: first sunday is more on mobile tech, second Sunday is more into Games, third SUnday is more on celebrities and technology, fourth Sunday is for the viewers' emails, etc. The show is just thirty minutes long and sometimes the flow isn't too good. *sigh* Cohesion/themes are sometimes do not jell well, IMHO. My sister doesn't watch the show because she thinks that it's too... hyper? Hyped up? Something like that.

    Hmmmm. I hope that they would feature open source software and other solutions too :D

     
  • At 1:17 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    hi chris, eclair,

    clair, hardcore ka! mabibilang ko lang sa daliri ko ang mga interesadong maka-*nuod* ng tv feature tungkol sa open-source. ;-) manuod ka nalang ng screensavers sa net25 "feed your mind" or other more techie shows.

    chris, sent you email sa yahoo mo. is that your active address? send me your gmail addy (kung gusto mo pa akong maging kaibigan).

    may bagong ka-competensya sina iya. it'a m|ph tv (saturday afternoons). see http://blog.m-ph.com/ .
    And the Geekette speaketh

    Chairs!

    ka edong

     
  • At 3:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I actually know the girl from the Geekette Speaketh! and I think she can do a better job than Iya *laughs*
    Nah. Not really. I just think that the pool of writers of Digital Tour can do so much better. Masyadong crammed and isang episode eh.

    We must bring technology closer to the masses, and I think that Digital Tour might not be enough. Consumers must be more informed about stuff. That is just me :)

     
  • At 4:52 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    eclair,

    > We must bring technology closer to the masses

    have you hear of radio browsing?

    Radio Browsing: a radio DJ with an internet connection broadcasting whatever information/experience s/he's going through on the internet.

    ka edong

     
  • At 9:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm. I never thought it was called such. But I have heard DJs talking about what they have browsed on the internet several times before :)

    But IMHO, there should be ways to make technology closer to the masses without them just wanting to be high tech because it's cool. Sad to say, some people like buying gadgets and software without fully understanding if that is what they really need. That is why I wish D.Tour would me more informative than hip. Convergence is ok, I guess. At least they are also showing tips for Mac users these days, not just the M$ crowd =)

     
  • At 1:12 pm, Blogger batjay said…

    thanks for the special mention pare. appreciate ko yan.

    nagkita nga pala kami ni emong last week. he attended a conference we gave in manila.

     
  • At 11:10 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    batjay!

    nagkita nga rin kami ni emong last week. i have an upcoming story about that kita kita. kakatawa. naka-buo nga yung linsyak ng pangalawang emong monster! sabi niya, "naka-quota na".

    special mention for special children like you.

    ma-buhey!

    ka edong

     
  • At 11:12 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    clair ching!

    you should write an article out of these comments you've written. ;-) . malay mo, ma-pirate ka ng tv show, eh di digital divahhhh ka na rin! ;-)

    ka edong

     
  • At 10:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kuya Edwin naman!
    Uh, I don't really like the title digital diva. It sounds so... weird pag ako yung tinawag na ganun *laughs*
    Saka si Iya Yotoko na yun ;)

    I am more of an information geekette ;)

     
  • At 11:12 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    kuya? ate-hin kita, sige ka! ;-)

    well then, information geekette, stay informed!

    ka edong

     
  • At 2:27 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hahahaha! Kuya po kayo kasi batch 91 kayo ng high school natin ;)

    Pressure ba yan sa akin? Naman! =) What I mean is that I am into information, information science, etc. Heheheh. Sige. I will do my best to stay informed.

    So are you going to the blogging summit?

    By the way, I am starting my series on the tanaga and the haiku. It's on my main blog - http://clair.pinoyweb.net

     
  • At 5:30 pm, Blogger monicai said…

    I find Digital Tour very superficial sometimes. The only thing that make me watch it is because of Archie Alemania (cute siya kahit saksakan ng OA).

    It is only lately that they are able to plug in some interesting clips but featuring "ragnarok" pati tv release nito eh medyo sorbang hyped na. Pag ganon pinapatay ko ang tv ko sa sobrang inis.

     
  • At 10:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Monicai: I encounter you again :)
    I guess, you are right. Maybe that is why it doesn't appeal much to me anymore.

    I remember my sister and I planning out their show while we were watching it one time.

    Ka Edong:
    Pasensya na. Mainit na naman ba ulo ko?

     
  • At 11:12 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    > So are you going to the blogging summit?
    Plan to. EB tayo dun? Monicai, are you in or out?

    >Archie Alemania (cute siya kahit saksakan ng OA).
    Ganun din si Iya. She's got this sing-song falcetto voice that makes me press that " - volume " button on my remote control.

    ;-)
    ka edong

     
  • At 11:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Am already registered at the blogging summit site =) Clair Ching -> http://clair.free.net.ph : Clair Ching's tech blog (sort of)

    But I will be there after lunch pa po :)

     
  • At 5:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello ka edong! i really need to get intouch with Digital Tour. can you post their email address? thanks so much! :)

     
  • At 6:01 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    > i really need to get intouch with Digital Tour. can you post their email address?
    Anonymous,

    try dtour@pinoycentral.com and digitaltour2000@yahoo.com

    goodluck!

    ka edong
    digital turete

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!