Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Telebabad - ang pagbabalik!

Codigo of Telco numbers
I overheard our two manangs at the student canteen talking about PLDT's P10 calls. Manang was telling a story of making telebabad with so many friends being billed only P10 P9.90 P9.09 per call (adds up to P9.999 including VAT). All NDD calls to PLDT phones and Smart network cellphones are billed on P10 flat rate no matter how long the call is. That's PLDT's P10 per call unlimited for you.

Wide-eyed, Manang was telling us (nakipag-kwentuhan na ako, eh) about how she made the mistake of tele-babad-ing with a Globe subscriber. Umabot daw ng P300 ang phone call niyang 'yun! Hahaha!

Kami naman sa bahay, we got our NDD and PLDT vibe service activated last week. It was simple, only a phone call to the 171, a service request, tapos give an ID *number*. No application forms or application forms or fax letters or anything.

I've been using the PLDT flat rate service this past week. But there were times when I would dial my wife's Smart number but she could not hear my voice. This has happened around 4 times already. The cynic in me would tell me that PLDT is doing this intentionally to generate more calls. But that's just my schizophrenic self. Unless somebody else can tell of the same experience, I'll give PLDT the benefit of the doubt.

Tutal, the other times I called, okay naman ang connection. The PLDT flat-rate service is better than the congested Sun unlimited calls, better than the former service of Globe that will no longer be continued, better than the crappy 258 service of Smart that makes you wait forever before an unlimited call is made.

So far, this PLDT P10 flat-rate service is the one that fits my needs. If only I can lug along my PLDT landline when I go to school....

Read: Todo na ito! Call/Text rates are falling
Search Technobiography: 24/7 CTU
Search Google: pldt flat rate P10 calls
Visit: PLDT

Ka Edong
hang-over after thesis defense

10 Comments:

  • At 9:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I must switch to Globe...
    Mas malakas ang signal sa amin. And almost anywhere I have gone to may signal. Ang hirap mag-Sun. Argh.

    Do you anyone who has tried Globe's G2P? =)

     
  • At 9:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is this promo still on? i haven't been using my landline for days because i thought it's only up to April 10. i never had any problems when calling someone with a Smart cellphone.

     
  • At 9:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops! i already found the answer to my question!

     
  • At 9:34 am, Blogger bizdriven said…

    thanks. the codigo of telco numbers are a big help. Never got around to know some of them.

     
  • At 11:07 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    clair,
    i tried g2p, ayaw mag-reply. yun pala, pang-postpaid subscriptions lang siya. (silly me). i've heard of others who use it. it's convenient for globe postpaid subs who want to avail of the lower call rates offered to prepaid subs. pero globe is phasing out (for the moment) their flat rate calls service.

    reggie,
    my sense is that PLDT will be continuing this service for a couple more months (they started in Jan2005) until they get the growth of new subscribers that they were aiming for.

    wilson,
    with our ever growing phonebook capacity, most of us no longer figure out which phone number is on which network. but with the flat rate services, the need has come back.

    ka edong

     
  • At 10:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the info re: G2P. I am thinking of applying for a Globe line. :D

     
  • At 8:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    called cristeta when she was in cebu using my landline. they say the connection was bad, they couldn't hear me inspite of the full bar in their signal.

     
  • At 10:01 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    > called cristeta when she was in cebu using my land

    I didn't realize until now that this was reggie my old friend from airfagev!

    Musta na DR? Good to see you back in circulation.

    ka edz

     
  • At 6:21 pm, Blogger cross eyed bear said…

    angie here.

    minsan, jan would also have to dial twice since we can't hear each other on the line.

    pero more often than not, first try works.

     
  • At 2:13 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Hi Angie,

    (uuuuuyyyyy ;-D )

    Yup, so far i'm giving PLDT the benefit of the doubt. kahapon, i called maiskee from my mobile. sa first call, di niya ako marinig. In retrospect, this bingi-phenomenon doesn't just happen for PLDT-mobile calls.

    edwin

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!