Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Group blogging for beginners

My friends, Eloy and Aloy, asked me to help them out with their blog. They want to establish a group blog about social development.

Both of them individually maintain friendster blogs. Eloy doesn’t do html. Aloy has some experience Blogger, but walked away from it after facing some html difficulties.

Aloy left blogger at a time when Blogger didn’t host images – it was too complicated for her to upload photos in another site and link to the photos from Blogger. When I told her that Blogger now has image uploading and hosting, she was genuinely pleased and declared “magbabalik-luob na ako sa Blogger!”

For their group blog, they want to be able to invite people to blog about development. I showed them how to add members to the group blog. They also wanted a tagboard. I showed them shoutboxes.com .

They uploaded a sample story with a picture included. I, in the meantime, learned that photos can be resized in Blogger by pulling on the “ear tags” of the photo instead of doing it manually on html. When they saw how easy it was, they concluded: “para pala siyang friendster”. I wouldn’t know, I never used Friendster blogs.

Great! Now it’s done, I’ve given them a good enough overview of group blogging on Blogger. I gave them a few bilins, like: “you know where to go if you need help” (“No! not me, go to blogger help!”).

Pa-baon: i.ph

But then, I complicated their lives with a little pa-baon: i.ph .

I showed them the interface of i.ph, I showed them some spiffy templates, I showed them the features and I logged-in to show them the control panel. They liked it. They liked it a lot!

But then they asked, “could we group blog with it?”

Frankly, I’m not sure. If it’s any indication, the i.ph tagline is “domains for individuals”.

Have you seen any group blogs on i.ph lately? Where? What's it like?

ka edong

6 Comments:

  • At 11:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ka Edong,
    You can add team members to an i.ph blog to make it a group blog. It's a feature of Nucleus, the CMS it is based on. To add team members, just go to advanced blog options.

     
  • At 1:34 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Max,

    Great!
    I haven't gone into the depths of calliope.

    Thanks for the tip. Ma-inform nga sina Eloy at Aloy.

    Edwin

     
  • At 8:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ka Edong, yes it's possible with i.ph. I actually co-author my blog with a friend check it out.

     
  • At 10:53 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Hi Mikey,

    Almost thought this was you!

    Good to know group blogging is up and alive at i.ph . Eloy and Aloy just might move their butts to i.ph.

    mabu-hey!
    ka edong

     
  • At 12:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha no dude. My those are pretty teeth. Mine have this weird amber glow thanks to nicotine.

     
  • At 10:53 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    hehehe! mikey, you should try that chocolate flavoured toothpaste.

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!