Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My mobile email ad is not Gmail SPAM

How do I teach Gmail that my mobile email address is NOT SPAM?

I've used my phone's email client for many months now. But these past month or so, Gmail has been identifying my mobile email as SPAM.

I've consistently gone into my Gmail SPAM folder. I always find my mobile emails (addressed to my regular Gmail account) in the SPAM folder.

What I do is select the mobile email messages, then click "Not SPAM". This puts back the message in the Inbox. But, subsequent emails still find their way into the SPAM folder.

How do I teach Gmail that my mobile email address is _not_ SPAM?

Any suggestions from my readers?

ka edong

4 Comments:

  • At 4:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I suggest trying three things:

    1. As you have been doing, continue to mark any valid email that ends up in the Spam folder as "Not Spam".

    2. Try setting up a "Filter" to auto-apply a Label to the email. I don't know which is "processed" first, Spam filtering or user-defined Filters. It's worth a test.

    3. Consider contacting Google support directly about this. Their response is sometimes slow, byt they have always consistantly responded.

    -Jim

     
  • At 8:01 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Hi Jim,

    Thanks for the prompt reply.

    > 2. Try setting up a "Filter" to auto-apply a Label to the email.

    My mobile e-mail has been on filter for a long time. This makes me think that the SPAM filter comes first before the user-specified filter.

    > 3. Consider contacting Google support directly about this.

    Will do.

    If and when I figure things out, I'll make sure to let you know.

    Cheers!

    edwin

     
  • At 10:55 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    From Google Knowledge Base:
    What should I do if a message is improperly marked as spam?

    But still not the answer to my question.

     
  • At 11:47 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    I found this From the Gmail Help Discussion:
    Marked spam by mistake
    "If you add the email address of the sender to your Contacts list, gmail
    will recognize it next time."

    But it still did not work for me.

    A little insight re my case, to help diagnose the problem:

    My mobile e-mail POP3 is xxxx@myrealbox.com . But I set the return address as xxxMExx@gmail.com which happens to be my regular gmail address.

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!