Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

"Nagpadala sa LBC, Na-Buang"

Insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting different results.
I sent a package via LBC to my wife who was in Davao. I saw that LBC had a service for tracking packages via SMS. Masubukan nga.

I was expecting it to be like FedEx’s online web tracking. When I used FedEx’s online tracking of a package I sent to my sister in Australia, I “watched” the status of the package. I “watched” it as it went through Philippine customs, was in flight, was in Australian customs, and then for delivery and finally delivered! Ayos!

I was expecting something similar from LBC package tracking via SMS. It wasn’t anything close. Here are my SMS queries (P2.50 each) and the responses of LBC Track:

Query: LBC HELP (sent to 211; Tuesday, 12:25:58AM)
Welcome to LBC HELP! To track a package, type: LBCTRACK [tracking#] ex. LBCTRACK 12345678; To find a branch, type: LBCFIND [location] ex. LBCFIND Antipolo. Thank you for using LBC Help!
Query: LBCTRACK 400001302xx (sent to 211; Tuesday, 12:27:09AM)
400001302xx (05/02/2005) Package is for delivery. For assistance, call 854-4848. Thank you for using LBC Help!
Uhmmmm… right. Pero tell me something I don’t know yet….

The next day, I Queried: LBCTRACK 400001302xx (sent to 211; Wednesday, 2:47:21PM)
400001302xx (05/03/2005) Package is for delivery. For assistance, call 854-4848. Thank you for using LBC Help!
Para ka naming sirang plaka, paulit-ulit.

Maya-maya, isa pa, baka sakaling makita ko dito kung nakarating na yung package ng wife ko: LBCTRACK 400001302xx (sent to 211; Wednesday, 8:18:19PM)
400001302xx (05/03/2005) Package is for delivery. For assistance, call 854-4848. Thank you for using LBC Help!
Syemes! Textin ko nalang kaya wife ko.

I texted, and my wife told me she had received the package by Wednesday afternoon.

Last nalang, let’s see if the SMS tracker will say “package delivered at [time and date]”. Query: LBCTRACK 400001302xx (sent to 211; Thursday, 12:36:30PM)
This information is not available at the moment.
One side of me wanted to curse. But my schizophrenic other self started chanting: “positive energies … positive energies come to me …” kasabay ng aking kamay na kumakaway, kumukuha ng positive aura mula sa paligid papunta sa aking mukhang pumapangit dahil sa inis.

I therefore conclude, USELESS! LBC Tracking was useless for me and cost me P12.50. Mabuti pang nag-text nalang ako sa aking wifey. Naka-twelve sweet nothings pa sana ako.

There are gems of SMS services in the Philippines. But there’s a lot of crap too. It’s a matter of finding those gems and using them appropriately.

Patient Edong
Pavilion #7
Mandaluyong

Read: How's my Kariton? Call Hotline…
Visit: LBC

6 Comments:

  • At 10:02 am, Blogger Airwind said…

    hahahhaha ... you made me laugh today .. weheheh

     
  • At 2:34 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Tsk tsk tsk ....
    Refer kita sa doktor ko dito sa Pavilion #7. Gusto mo, kapit-bahay tayo dito. ;-)

    patient edong
    Pavilion #7

     
  • At 5:49 pm, Blogger ShutterAddict said…

    hey kuya edong! galing pala ng blog mo! astigin! hehehe add kita sa blog ko ha...

    shutteraddict a.k.a. ryan

     
  • At 2:03 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    glad you like Technobiography, ryan!

    hindi kita na-recognize sa photo mo!

    ka edong

     
  • At 4:24 pm, Blogger Michael Pimentel said…

    some companies will use different marketing tricks just to earn some more... i'm sure they themselves didn't test that SMS system of theirs...

    nice entry though... see you around!

     
  • At 9:20 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Hi kengkeng,

    I think LBC's SMS tracking might have worked when they first started it. My guess is they didn't see any substantial usage and have become in-.... what's the word .... walang paki-alam ... for the SMS service.

    ka edong
    naubusan ng ingles

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!