Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Monday, September 26, 2005

"See it, hear it, blog it"

Max Limpag published a story on Sun.Star Cebu entitled See it, hear it, blog it about blogging and journalism in line with Sun.Star's celebration of press freedom week.

I'm honoured to be one of Max's interviewees. I was among a group of blogging biggies that include Sassy, Manuel L. Quezon and Yuga.

Two things:

* It would have been interesting to see how the group of interviewees could collaborate with the interviewer through Max's Wiki. Unfortunately, we weren't able to use it much when Max was downed by illness.

* I considered the interview a thought exercise for me. The questions Max posed were highly insightful by themselves. It was nice taking time out to reflect on Max's questions.

Thus, I wrote to Max:
Max, it hasn't been easy writing replies to your questions ;-) But it has been a good thought exercise for me.

At the end of it all, I'd like to think about what blogging can do for the Filipino.

I think blogging is giving Filipinos a way to connect with each other. It can help us keep an open mind, what with the varying ideas and opinions we will come across through blogs.

It will also connect us with our past. On a personal note, it will allow me to look back and see how much I have grown in knowledge and in thinking.

I took sheer pleasure in reading the handwritten love letters of my grandfather to my grandmother, people who I did not have the chance to interact with. I am looking forward to the time when my own great grand children will have the chance to go back and read what their grandfather was doing in 2005.
- ka edong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!