Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

TXT-ING Slave

I have nothing to blog as I walk home.

How boring. Where's my technology life?!

Oh well, might as well blog about the book I borrowed from the libe.

It's entitled "TXT-ING Selves - Cellphones and Philippine Modernity" by Pertierra, Ugarte et al. It's been oft quoted since its publication in 2002. It was the first extensive research about our Filipino texting culture. I've scanned the book and it's quite insightful.

Of interest are the case studies -- unique stories of how the mobile phone is changing the Filipino lifestyle and psyche.

But, to borrow a line from my former boss, the book's only liability is that the authors are from La Salle. [Just kidding! ΓΌ (w nudge sa tagiliran)]

- edwin
Blogging through my cellphone while walking through Glorietta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!