Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Creepy Psycho Texter

I woke up this morning and found a missed call registered at 1:32 am. Who could it be?

I found this message in my SMS Inbox:
1:32 am - hi. m looking for a friend. m n deep need for help. pls beliv me. cud u help me?
The texter's number didn't register in my phonebook, I didn't know who it was. I tried to figure out if I have any psycho-suicidal friends. Some, like Hien and David-Ruffin, are psycho but not suicidal.

I considered replying. But decided not to reply to a stranger. If the texter had identified him/herself, and if he/she was a friend, I would have reacted differently.
7:24 A.M. - hi. good morning. awake k n?
At least the person's still alive. He/she wasn't dead desperate afterall. Ignore.
5:54 PM. - helo. kmusta k n? pakiusap nman sa iyo, maaari mo bng sgutin ang txt ko? kailangan ko lng ng mkakausap. nhhrapan n ako. pakiusap..
Ignore.

To Psycho Texter, you have friends. When you're in need, you have friends who will be there for you.

Don't replace texting for the old reliable friend with a shoulder to cry on.

Bless you, Psycho Texter.

Edwin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!