Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Gmail Invite for Grabs

I've been such a loyal Google products user (Gmail, blogger, Google Adsense, Google search) that they've given me another Gmail invite to give out. Who wants it?

Let's play a game... Click the comments link and tell me why you deserve the invite. Convince me ;-) . Send me your case. Make up something. If I'm convinced, I'll send you the invite. Deal?

To the ones who've requested for a Gmail invite in the past (John Mark, Clint), you'll have to join the game if you want the invite.

Anybody can join. Pinoys or foreigners. I don't have any criteria yet, so just be creative, okay? Poetry, top ten reasons, a photo, a webpage, a sad story, a multi-lingual quotation, anything.

I like getting concensus, so you can ask your friends to campaign for you, tell them to support you in the comments area. Expect the announcement of winner on or before Sept 4, Saturday.

Goodluck!

- edwin

Read: Got Gmail! Yahoo!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yo edwin! here's my case.
    I HATE GOOGLE! so if i'll be lucky enough to be given a
    google mail account, hey i might be convinced to use
    google all the time. oks ba? he he.

    rye

     
  • At 8:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi edwin. sali din ako, for emma. pag di mo daw ako binigyan, lagot daw ako sa kanya, saka ikaw din kay maya. :)

    hindi naman kita masyadong pine-pressure. medyo lang. :)

    thanks!

    con

     
  • At 9:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why seek for a gmail account where infact there is a gawab.com and spymac.com free gigabyte mail server!

     
  • At 9:30 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:33 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    > At 9:34 PM, Anonymous said…
    Why seek for a gmail account where infact there is a gawab.com and spymac.com free gigabyte mail server!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Hi there!

    oo nga naman, you have a point there. Personally, I have "faith" (naks) in google. It's not just size of mailbox. I've seen how gmail innovates and I know that they will continue to improve the service as the needs and technologies change.

    But that just me ;-) . Here are some links you could check out:
    Gmail presents challenge for e-mail leadersGmail Swap(I'll add more links when I find more. You can add your links here too.)

    Cheers!

    edwin

     
  • At 11:00 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Scared? hmmmm.... wondering why there aren't any more takers .... or are you guys getting ready for a surprise entry on the last day of contest day? ... keep them coming, your comments ....

    cheers!

    edwin

     
  • At 5:41 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Congratulations dadiArnold, you've just earned yourself a Gmail invite.

    Will track down your email address via your profile. If you don't receive your invite by tomorrow (Sat sept 4), please send me an email.

    thanks for joining the contest! have fun with gmail! ;-)

    ka edong

    At 2:23 PM, dadiArnold said…

    sali ako, baka meron pogi-points ang early bird =) am a loyal googler and wants a gmail too! ive been waiting for their launch since the first time i heard of gmail [april pa ata yun].. 1gig email space! wow :P

    but am a yahoo diehard too, ehem.. my first page hosted by geocities.. my first email account is still active and their 100mb email space is more than enough for now..

    did i hear gmail is better? i have to be convinced.. and im excited to sign-up for that first gmail acct.. thanks for allowing me to join the game.. this might be the reason i'll jump ship from yahoomail to gmail forever. :)

    [avc]

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!