Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Whereforth, my MMS Video Sonnet?

MMS From: My Telco - 8/16/04 4:22:47 PM

Have a video capable phone? Check out SPEAKING STEREOTYPES and say so much more with a talking video message. Text the recipients mobile number and your message to 376 and we'll bring your message to life.
This I want to see. So here:
From: Me
Sent: 8/16/04 4:37:54 PM
To: 376
0920xxxxxx48 Let me not to the marriage of true minds, admit impediments: love is not love. - Shakespeare Sonnet. Nakuha kaya ng video? Let's try it.
After a loooong wait:
SMS From: My Telco - 8/16/04 11:57:38 PM
Your MMS Message has Successfully been Delivered to 6392xxxxxx48

I actually sent it to myself, hoping to view a video of a Shakespeare Sonnet on my SmartPhone.

It never arrived. I test my phone, and sure enough, my MMS settings are intact and working. Let's try again:
From: 6392xxxxxx48
Sent: 8/18/04 4:30:14 AM
To: 376

092xxxxxx48 Let me not to the marriage of true minds, admit impediments: love is not love. - a Shakespeare Sonnet. Nakuha kaya ng video? Let's try it, Edwin.
Cross my fingers...
MMS From: My Telco - 8/18/04 4:46:38 AM
Let me not to the marriage of true minds, admit impediments: love is not love. - a Shakespeare Sonnet. Nakuha kaya ng video? Let's try it, Edwin.
Sheesh. An MMS with only text in it. Where's my video? Nag-MMS pa cya! Hrrrrgs.

I long for thy sweet video. Whereforth art thou, my Sonnet?

- edwin
nag-aalis ng antok
hi to high ulit ;-)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:01 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    hey emmanslayer.

    naisip ko tuloy, baka naman .rm (real media) format yung MMS video na ipinadala. That .rm can be used in the video capable Nokia units.

    Yung sa akin is SmartPhone. We can play avi's and mpegs and .... ano pa ba ... oog ata ...

    What's your phone, emmanslayer?

    ka edong

     
  • At 1:16 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    thanks, emman. have you visited airfagev.com? It's a website for SmartPhone users.

    Read: Airfagev moves mountainska edong

     
  • At 12:23 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    How did this story end?

    I contacted my friend at Smart. He tried the service on an HTC Voyager (the newer Smart Amazing Phone). It worked on the Voyager.

    But it didn't work on my HTC Tanager (the first Smart Amazing Phone) nor did it work on my friend's Tanager.

    edwin

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!