Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Edong's Dreams - Video Rentals

Friday night. I scan the "new arrivals" list of my video shop via my cellphone. I tick "reserve & auto-pay" on titles I want to borrow.

In a few seconds, I receive an update telling me which of the titles are ready for pick-up. Later, I also get alerts on titles I reserved in the past and are now available. I just choose to borrow or postpone reservation.

When I reach my video shop, my videos are packed in a bag which has my name on it. The claim counter automatically detects my cellphone and asks me for my Video membership PIN. I key in my PIN on my cellphone and that clears my videos for checkout.

Two days later, I receive an alert on my phone. It reminds me that my videos are due. It asks me if I want to pay for an extra day of rental. With a click of a key, I extend my video rental. Then I can do another Matrix Trilogy marathon until the wee hours of the morn

- edwin
Eve of my sixth day-long final exam

Read: Edong's Dreams, Pasa-Pamasahe
Another time: Movies in my phone

1 Comments:

  • At 11:14 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    hi arnold,

    fiction pa lang yan. that video shop exists in my dreams. it'll be reality very soon .... ipa-alam ko sa iyo pag andyan na, sign up ka sa yahoogroups ng blog na ito ;-) .

    edwin

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!