Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Gmail Security Flaw?

I found a report on Sassy's blog about a Gmail security flaw. It had a link to an Israeli newsarticle. I had to verify it with sources more familiar to me than that Israeli news agency.

The source I got, The Register and LinuxSecurity, were sites I used to read in my past Internet researches. But even The Register quoted the Israeli newsarticle. Well, I guess it's natural for an Israeli news agency to pick up this news. The hacker who discovered the security flaw is an Israeli.

Read more about the Gmail security flaw at The Register, LinuxSecurity and Nana

Am I worried? Not really. I know Hotmail and Yahoo!mail went through similar security problems in the past. And nobody would be interested in hacking my Gmail account. And if anyone did, I'd be flattered! hehehe. ... Kids, don't try that at home!

- Edwin

Read: Oh my Gosh My Google! - Googling my PC

Search Technobiography: Gmail, Google
Search Google: Gmail Security Flaw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!