Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Txt Exclusion

I received two SpaSMS (unsolicited Spam SMS) this morning in a span of 20mins.

Fly to USA to watch d MTV Movie Awards LIVE this June! Get daily MTV calendar logos + juicy tidbits 2earn entries! P2.50/day. DTI#2175. Txt MTVCAL to 688 now!
Scores? Game scheds? fresh,same-day news in SMS? We know u want 'em all! So subscribe now! Text SLAM SMS ON to 38303. P2.50/txt

I'm usually tolerant of these and would just delete them immediately. But my patience is short this morning.

I immediately called Smart's customer service (*888 on Smart SIM cellphones) and spoke to a customer service representative named Molder.

I explained that I do not want to receive any of these SMS advertisements.

Molder said he will file a "Txt Broadcast Exclusion" request with (reader, pls join me in making the "quotations" hand sign with two fingers of both hands) the "technical group". He said I should expect the action accomplished in 24-hrs.

So I'm expecting that beginning 9am on May 20, I will never ever receive any "Text Broadcasts" on my Addict Mobile SIM.

Let's see if this (finger sign with me!) "Text Broadcast Exclusion" request really works.

Read: Telkulet

Ka Edong
maikli ang pasensya
LTO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!