Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Addict Mobile Mail

Out of town? No Internet Cafe in sight? Don't fret! Activate your Mobile E-mail account in 1 easy step. Get your e-mail messages (even those with image attachments) on your mobile as text or MMS. Stay connected wherever u r (except for Mars). Text AM to 382.
Aba! Posting via MMS to blogger works! ...

I just took a chance and forwarded Check mail while at the beach? check out the babe nalang .... the above MMS message to my mobile blogging e-mail address. I wasn't expecting it to get through because it didn't work when I tried it three weeks ago.

This time the message got posted. But the attached MMS image was not included in the mobile post. I'm adding it manually now .... -->

Two things I learned from this experiment:
1.) MMS to mobile blogging on blogger works (for text only)
2.) My request to Smart to stop all broadcasts did not work
Will I use Addict Mobile Mail? Unlikely. I've got Brosia and Gmail on my phone.

Added June 6
Nyahahhaa! I ate my words! I just got an SMS. It turns out I DID use some sort of SMS-to-e-mail service of Smart. The message said:
From: 200
Due to inactivity for 28 days, your TextMail acct ********@my.smart.com.ph can no longer rcv email. You may set-up a new TextMail acct any time.
Right. But again, unlikely.

astronaut edong aldrin
Looking for me? Check out NASA ... nasa dorm lobby lang ako

3 Comments:

  • At 7:55 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    emman! long time no hear!

    negative po - not gmail smtp. I use myrealbox.com smtp/pop servers. myrealbox is currently closed to new accounts.

    Theoretically, you can use *any* smtp, pop servers. I haven't tried gmail servers. balitaan mo ako kung na-configure mo ang gmail sa smartphone mo.

    try also:
    smartphone e-mail configs on Airfagev forums

    chairs!
    ka edong

     
  • At 7:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gusto ko nang umalis ng Sun cellular! Naiinggit ako!

    But I need an MMS enabled phone. Low tech po ang phone ko eh...

     
  • At 7:40 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    clair,

    may MMS at GPRS ang Sun cellular. ... but, ooops, your phone doesn't have those .... ;-p

    what's this, you invest everything in your PC and don't spend a thing on your mobile? hmmmmm.....

    do you have anything on WiFi in UP Dil?

    ka edong

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!