Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Digiprint - 'Di na natuto

Insanity na talaga ito. I've written about how useless LBC's Package Tracking was for me.

Now let me tell you about my experience with LBC's photo developing and delivery service: digiprint.com.ph .

The pitch

Upload your photos, share them online, order prints, have them delivered by LBC to any address in the Philippines. Another service allows you to drop off a roll of film at LBC and receive the prints via courier.

Neat? Not so.

Uploading

I tried uploading photos. But the Digiprint website required a plug-in that didn't work well with Firefox. So I tried Internet Explorer. Okay, *sigh* sige na nga, install plug-in.

After installing the plug-in, Digiprint began displaying the contents of MyPictures folder of my laptop, Kurdapia, within the IE browser. Ayos!

But (always but...), I couldn't upload my photos in one go. Argh! A message kept coming up saying something useless like: "Upload Failed. Error 1234."

I had to upload files in batches of 6-10 photos to avoid the error. Bummer.

Order

After uploading my photos a few files at a time (it took me a couple of days to complete my album), I started ordering prints. It didn't need that plug-in anymore so I reverted to my Firefox web browser.

I selected photos, chose the print size and print quality and the quantity of prints. I click the "recalculate" button and I get the total payable. Not bad.

Checkout

Time to pay. Options:
  • pay over-the-counter at an LBC stall
  • pay via PayPlus using a Bancnet or Megalink ATM
  • pay via G-Cash... I wish! Para tapos na! But LBC, a G-Cash partner merchant, doesn't offer this payment option. *sigh*
Well, let's try the PayPlus option. Let's! Here's the response:
error '80020009'
Exception occurred.
/ver2/cart.asp, line 380
Hergs. Siya siya, sige, magpapaka-martyr ako. I will pay over the counter at one of the LBC stalls. I'll click the button to get some kind of receipt or online request so that I can print out my bill which I will pay for over-the-counter at LBC. Sige daw....
error '80020009'
Exception occurred.
/ver2/cart.asp, line 380
Why? Tell me, Why am I not surprised? I tried it on both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Same result = Insanity!

Ilang araw kong sinubukan, ilang beses hinanapan ng paraan, ilang oras ang ginugol, ilang buhok sa ulo ang na-bunot at heto lang ... error '80020009'? Ano'ng gagawin ko diyan, kakainin?

Why? Tell me, hu-wa-yyyy do I go through these lengths? I think it's time to go back to Pavilion 7. Siyemes!

Read: "Nagpadala sa LBC, Na-Buang", Ofoto, My Fotos
Abangan bukas: m-Commerce: Smart Money Revisited again (Part 2), sequel to ... uhmmm .... part 1, adbertisment
In da future: My adventures with Flickr, Picasa, Hello, Muvee etc.

ka edong
Mandaluyong boy married to Baliwag girl

7 Comments:

  • At 4:32 pm, Blogger Jepoy said…

    ka edong,

    saan yang nagerror na yan? sa LBC site pa or sa payplus na? Napadalawang isip ako ngayn kung kukuha pako ng payplus para sa mypapani ah..

     
  • At 5:11 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Jepoy,

    mukhang sa digiprint side yung error and not payplus. kasi both options (payplus and over-the-counter) gave errors.

    ka edong

     
  • At 7:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nasubukan mo na yung mga ibang domestic sites? I think ang Kodak Express at Kameraworld mayroon ding online photo printing option.

     
  • At 12:11 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Hi paul,

    I did try printing at Ofoto.com (now kodakgallery.com) last year.

    I paid via credit card and had it delivered to my sister-in-law at Canada. Hmmmm... I think I did that transaction because:
    a.) I had to finally do a purchase after using ofoto for so long.
    b.) I had it delivered to Canada because it was cheaper than sending to the PHilippines ata ... or maybe because they didn't serve the philippines at that time.

    i haven't tried kodak express in the philippines. I should try that ....

    chairs!
    ka edong

     
  • At 6:30 am, Blogger bizdriven said…

    Hi Edwin,

    Try also www.photobucket.com

    don't use their photo finish service, but they offer generous place to save photos.

    also multiply.com

    It puts the blogging and photo upload, music share, and social network into one.

     
  • At 8:54 am, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    Thanks, Wilson, will visit those websites and see how they could be of use to me.

    edwin

     
  • At 3:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i tried to pay at lbc outlets in Gensan, kasi sabi nang digiprint worker puwede daw, e ano... wala hindi alam nang gensan branch nang lbc kung ano digiprint, also in davao, ha ha... wala pa daw silang memo concerning this matter. ewan...until now i am waiting about this memo, i call the branches in davao if they already have the memo..

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!