Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Wiretapped, Webtrapped

How can I not blog about this?

I saw the headlines on Inq7.net last saturday. There was a photo UP Students in front of their computers using their headphones. The caption said something like "UP Students spreading the wiretapped tapes through the Internet".

I can't help but observe how technology is once again playing a role in Philippine politics the fate of our contry. We all know how text messaging contributed to the fall of Erap.

Now we have wiretapped phone audio files flying around. Not to mention that e-mail sent by a Military man calling for changes within his organization. Whew! What are we in for, another circus?

Chin Wong says "why read the transcripts when you can listen to it." Well I tried it out. I downloaded an mp3 segment of the wiretapped recordings from PCIJ.

I used earphones to listen to it. It's dizzying! It sounds like the voices are walking around me, around my head! (Or is my schizophrenic self just manifesting itself? We don't think so.) And I don't have the patience to figure out what they're saying with their thick accents and all the noise.

So, if I were you, have a taste-test of those audio recordings but if you're really interested in finding the juicy stuff, just go to the text transcripts. It will save you time and your sanity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read briefly an analyst's article saying People Power IV is unlikely to happen because of "People Power fatigue". I tend to agree. I'm tired of all this kalokohan in government. But I don't want to involve myself in it. I'm not ready to go to the streets.

I just want to do my thing, make an impact in this small world I revolve in where I have at least some control and some influence.

You're in my Technobiography world, by the way. Welcome!

Klawn Edong
in Edong's Circus

Visit:
Captain's Log - Online friend's blog where he shares the wiretapped audio recordings. Doing his own heroic acts to save the world ;-)
Manuel L. Quezon III's blow-by-blow account of what's happening to our country.
Anatomy of eavesdropping on mobile phone calls (Inq7.net)
NTC warns TV, radio vs airing alleged wiretapped talks

3 Comments:

  • At 5:10 pm, Blogger Nick Ballesteros said…

    Ke Edong! Thanks for the links! I will visit those next week. I'm in Baguio right now for a breather :-)

     
  • At 5:36 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    enjoy the air up there, watson.

    klawn edong

     
  • At 5:37 pm, Blogger Edwin "ka edong" said…

    btw, pag-balik mo, baka iba na ang pinagkaka-guluhan.

    Baka cellphone video na ala-ethel booba! nyarp!

    klawn edong

     

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!