Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Pyramid Scam, m-Commerce Style

I've concluded that this get rich quick e-mail is a scam.
I've written about it at Pinoy.Tech.Blog (check there if there's a discussion going). I'm providing additional reference emails on this post.

ka edong
From : *e** **o** <********@westlink.com.ph>
Reply-To : <*******@gmail.com>
Sent : Thursday, August 11, 2005 7:36 PM
To : <*******@gmail.com>
Subject : Earn W/ Your G-Cash & Smart Money Account

Hi,

WANNA DO BUSINESS PASSIVELY, USING INTERNET AND MOBILE TECHNOLOGY???

FOR JUST 300 PESOS ONE TIME INVESTMENT (TOTAL COSTS TO YOU, NO HIDDEN
CHARGES) YOU'LL EXPERIENCE TO OWN AN ONLINE-MOBILE BUSINESS THAT RUNS EVEN WHILE YOU SLEEP...

SIMPLY EMAIL *******@gmail.com, subject "MOBILECASH"
AND YOU'LL BE IN A VIABLE ELECTRONIC BUSINESS IN NO TIME.

and ill send the manual to your email address for free...

Once you read the manual, you'll find out, why your g-cash/smart money account can generate you millions passively and legally provided you do your part... It will let you earn even while you sleep...

Ask for the e-book now, , and dare to do something, only few dares to try...

Here's a favorite quote of mine: "the difference between the millionaires and the poor is simple, millionaires dared to do what others fear to even hear or see.."

Ask for the e-book now, and make a change, just read it, if you think it make sense, then good for you, if you don't see the gold in it..then you may discard it..

THANKS AND MORE POWER!

THIS IS A BUSINESS THAT RUNS 24/7...DEFINITELY WORTH A TRY..

*e** **o**
*******@gmail.com

Note:

This manual comes free to every Filipino with an email, and g-cash or smart money account...

****MobileCash is not associated with Globe and Smart Telecoms. FYI****
His reply after I told him I was interested and skeptical:

>From: ********* ********@gmail.com
>To: ka_edong@hotmail.com
>Subject: MobileCash Philippines ebook attached...
>Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:35:28 +0800
>
>Hi,
>
>Here's the MobileCash Philippines manual...
>
>This ebook will show you the MobileCash Profit System that let's you earn
>passive income through your g-cash/smart money account. When I received
>this
>ebook report, I was really sceptical bout the whole thing, but a friend of
>mine who is using the system for self employment testified that MobileCash
>Profit System is legitimate and that it works. So, I gave it a try, few
>weeks after using the system discussed in the MobileCash Manual, I was
>surprised how much money my g-cash account is turning in. I really thought
>that this is just globe and smart's gimmik to turn in more sales, but when
>i
>kept on receiving money transfer confirmation on my cellphone, this system
>has turned me into a believer myself...
>
>I just couldn't believe how much money I'm making now, and that's passive
>income!
>
>Click on the attachment and download it, it's a small pdf file that you can
>save on a diskette, read it thouroughly and understand the whole concept.
>This works, and i can testify that, it's working for me... as what the
>manual says, "see for yourself"...
>
>*********
>********@gmail.com
> mobilecashV010.pdf
Finally, my second reply which has not received any responses from the email sender:
Hi ****,

Thanks for your reply.
I browsed through the PDF file.

Basically, my question is: Where does the money come from?

And so far, the answer I have found is: The money comes from new members.

If you could point out otherwise, I would like to hear it.

I won't burden you with freshman questions. Reply only if you still have the
patience to answer my questions.

Normally, I just trash this kind of email. But this concerns my area of
study (m-commerce, I'm sure you've found that out through my blog) and it is
coming from a fellow IT professional, thus I am not dismissing it too
easily.

My interest is to understand.

Thanks and peace,

Edwin


Read: m-Commerce Pyramid Scheme?
on Pinoy.Tech.Blog: A Pyramid Scam, m-Commerce style

0 Comments:

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!