Technobiography

Mobile phones, services and applications. PCs, PDAs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Internet, gadgets, electronics, photography. A technology-life journal ... Relaxed prose, sometimes witty, sometimes funny, reflective and insightful. Short and sweet. Filipino.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Deafinitely not Deaf

My wife has doubts about the clarity of my hearing. Sometimes she needs to repeat sentences twice or thrice before I get what she's saying.
Sabi ko (!), mag-laba ka na pagkatapos mong mag-linis ng bahay!
[ ;-) Hi hon! ]

My parents had the same problem with me in my childhood. I guess half the time I didn't hear them clearly, half the time I just ignored the instructions to do my homework.

But, I know I'm not deaf. Do you know how I know?

When I'm at a restaurant or the MRT or in school, I manage to hear even faint smartphone cellphone beeps. I look for my fellow smartphone owner, and sure enough, there he/she is, ten feet away. And by the tone of the beep, I can tell if it's a call, a new message, a menu selection, a boot sequence, an error or what have you.

So, do you think I'm deaf? My hearing is sharp for what I want to hear.

So, do you think this blog sucks? Talk to the hand.

Read: Airfagev Moves Mountains, Dragon Bro, Walk the Talk, Work the Walk
Visit: www.airfagev.com
- edwin
Agoo, La Union
fieldwork staff house at Brgy San Julian
Day 4, Rapid Area Assesment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment (comments posting disabled)

Technobiography has moved!
Please visit Technobiography's New Home
and update your bookmarks. Salamat!